"We turned it up. It was all about our defense … We started to play the way that we needed to play the whole game, in overtime. We got the win."
- Forward Rebekkah Brunson on the Lynx’ surge in overtime against the Silver Stars on Aug. 28.
"Our mindset to this game was that we knew Minnesota was a great team. They play physical and we were trying to play as physical as they were… Whenever we shoot the ball well, obviously it’s hard to stop us."
- Silver Stars forward Sophia Young after the Silver Stars’ 93-84 victory over the Minnesota Lynx.
"We just shot ourselves in the foot repeatedly. And we didn’t get any help here. You’re playing against 8,000 people, a great crowd."
- Coach Cheryl Reeve after the Lynx’ first loss this season, in Seattle.
"I thought our bench was huge for us. I thought Candice Wiggins’ minutes were really important — the energy — and really, in tough moments in the game, she opened it up for us."
- Coach Cheryl Reeve after Minnesota’s win over the Storm.
"We’re just trying to focus on the next shootaround, the next game."
- Lynx guard Lindsay Whalen, after helping guide the squad to an unprecedented 7-0 start.
"It felt like we were down 15, but we were only down five … Coach came into the huddle and talked about the small things — one block out, one rebound, one pass, no home run stuff."
- Lynx center Taj McWilliams-Franklin on the Lynx’ fourth-quarter comeback in Connecticut.
"I figured if I could just get in the lane, something good would happen."
- Lynx guard Lindsay Whalen after a nail-biting finish to beat the Washington Mystics 79-77. Whalen hit the game-winning shot with 1.0 left in the 4th quarter.
"And it is still our home court. We want to make sure we protect it. … We want to make sure when people come into the Target Center, that they come out thinking, ‘What are we going to do with them next time?’"
- Lynx guard/forward Seimone Augustus